livin' the life...livin' the dream

Monday, April 16, 2007

This afternoon, while minding my own business (and actually starting to do some schoolwork), the doorbell rang and someone knocked on the door. I thought that it might be the UPS guy with the rest of the Danger discs, so I opened the door. Of course it wasn't. Standing on my porch were two missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Shoot. Being the nice person that I am (believe it or not), I answered their questions, thinking they'd just give me a pamphlet or something and be on their way. Nope. They proceeded to tell me the history of Mormonism, ask me if I knew what a prophet was, if prayer is important to me, and made sure that I knew that "Jesus is the way. The only way."

A half-hour or so later, I now have my very own copy of the Book of Mormon. At least Molly's excited about it.

Moral of the story: if you're expecting a delivery from UPS and hear a knock on your door, be creepy and peek out through your blinds first. Unless you want to be questioned uncomfortably for a half hour.

Disclaimer: I'm mostly posting this because Molly said that if I did, she would post the conversation that her and Kayla had on the futon in the living room while this was going on, which I'm sure is infinitely more entertaining. So post away, Molly.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home