livin' the life...livin' the dream

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I went to the store today and saw an add for the 25th anniversary edition DVD of "The Last Unicorn". I was both excited and dismayed. Firstly, anyone who has ever discussed the film with me knows of my insistance that it can only be enjoyed by two types of people: small children and adults on drugs. That said, I own it, but am neither a small child nor on drugs. This means other seemingly normal people (like Z-bo) may be drawn into the film for it's emotionally magnetic plot and catchy theme songs by America. This is exciting. On the other hand, the complexity of the plot is going to be lost on the (I predict) countless numbers of young adults/high schoolers who are going to begin debating whose childhood "The Last Unicorn" had a greater impact upon. So that is the dismaying part. But there is yet another silver lining to this 25th anniversary bit: the book will be re-released. It will be shinier. It will be thicker. It will be mine!

According to Wikipedia, the 25th anniversary edition was released last month. I didn't hear anything about it. Did you?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I think I saw a copy in a really shiny case at some point and got pretty excited..but then I remembered I don't have money, and I think I saw something else shiny...

    we should add it to our collection regardless

    By Blogger Susan, at 3/22/2007 4:33 PM  

  • Now we have both the original DVD version and the 25th anniversary version. Thanks, mom!

    By Blogger genny w/ a "g", at 4/25/2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home