livin' the life...livin' the dream

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Earlier this afternoon I stopped by the David Lawrence computer lab to print a few things and was most pleased to see that TallE was working. The lab was relatively busy, and there was a small crowd gathered around the print-out table. However, the number of lab users was enough to keep TallE occupied and therefore not free for social interaction. I decided that drastic measures needed to be taken in order to be noticed, so I kicked a wire loose from some printer station thing*. This caused an alarm to go off, distracting most people in the lab and making TallE go over to some magic box to turn it off. It was all worth it when TallE came over to where I was standing to repair the wire and I got to look into his beautiful eyes as he said "Susan, did you do this to get my attention?" Did it work?

*note..this was actually an accident


(This post is dedicated to TallE. My inspiration.)

2 Comments:

  • oh tallE, your adeptness at plugging in electronics and alphabetizing printouts never ceases to amaze me. if you're reading this, you should blog more. if you're not reading this, you should be.

    By Blogger Virb, at 1/16/2007 5:41 PM  

  • The Truer Events of 1-16-07
    A poem in rhyming couplets by TallE


    On a chilly winter day
    In Lawrence Hall the printers play,
    Run I must to earn my pay
    hope no pratron's in the way.

    Paper oh so very neatly
    Organized: A-B-C-D-E-ly.
    The lab was quite in order,
    because I'm a great sorter.

    I felt a coldness on my arm,
    was a ghost to do me harm?
    Such thoughts I banished from my head,
    Likely it was wind instead.

    But once I had aturn-ed 'round,
    You'll never guess whom I found.
    None other: it was SMT,
    whose presence did much plea-se me.

    Alas I'd no time for social shtick,
    and this must have caused much pique.
    Even fear would grip the wise
    when face-ed with her beady eyes.

    It was quite clear at the time
    that intend she did to me malign.
    Resign-ed was I to my fate,
    what could I do against such hate?

    So she her leg intwined
    right amongst the cable line;
    and kicked with all her might
    (no doubt stronger out of spite).

    Thus rip-ped from the wall,
    the alarm began to call.
    And Susan so did prove her point
    Nev'r again must I dis'point.

    By Blogger TallE, at 1/17/2007 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home